"Look for our coupons in the Lewiston Daily Sun and Maine Sunday Telegram"
The 9-hole course at the Norway Country Club facility located in Norway, Maine features 2,909 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 35.
Dave Mazzeo, Director of Golf Course Operations, and PGA Member, manages the course. He is newly elected into the Maine Golf Hall of Fame.
Bob Handville is the course Superintendent.
Norway Country Club is Maine's Most Scenic 9 Hole Golf Course! Designed by George Dunn in 1929 this 9 hole gem, with its tall pines and hardwoods, has something for golfers of all ages. From high on the 1st tee, where one can see the White Mountains through the signature hole # 5, golfers can test their skill and enjoy the game.
The new irrigation system, installed in 2004 affords manicured greens
and plush fairways. Expanded clubhouse facilities, a comfortable dining
room, driving range, and a friendly atmosphere are awaiting your golfing
pleasure. Come join us!
Norway Country Club History
|The present clubhouse is on one of the oldest
properties in town, being the land that Jeremiah Hobbs purchased form Henry
Rust in 1786. First a cabin was built, then he erected the two story house
which was taken down in the 1940's and was referred to as the "Old
Jeremiah Hobbs, after his sale to Mills, built a one story farmhouse westward on the hill where the club buildings are located. In 1851, Hobbs sold to James Nason.
Allen S. Bartlett secured the farm on parcels not otherwise cared for
and transferred the property to Benjamin Whitehouse, Jr. in 1855. Whitehouse
sold to Asa Mathews an 1859.
Some time ago, the buildings burned and after this. There were numerous owners until Louisa R. Quint secured the property and erected the present buildings on the solid ledge where Hobbs second rambling homestead stood. After 1888, the place was known as "Hazelhurst," (undoubtedly named for a doctor Hazelton who owned the property).
George M, Bachelder carried on a dairy farm there until it was sold to the Norway Home Building Association in 1929. Shortly after this purchase, the Association transferred the property to the new Country Club.
Waterford Rd, Norway,